What happens if I sign a contract and I sell the business?

Modified on Mon, 20 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

We can request a novation which will allow the new business to take over the existing energy contract. This is reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the energy retailer and the new tenant must pass the retailers relevant credit checks. They will also usually require a minimum of 5-6 months to be left on the contract.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article